Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Improving the Quality of Life for Both Men and Women
As men and women get closer to midlife, their hormones undergo dramatic changes that can cause a variety of uncomfortable symptoms. Other factors may also influence the changes, such as poor nutrition, lack of exercise, stress, and illness. While all people experience hormonal changes with aging, only those who develop an imbalance will struggle with common physical and emotional symptoms. These may include:
- Persistent fatigue, even when getting enough rest
- Hot flashes and/or night sweats
- Loss of muscle definition
- Higher percentage of body fat
- Weight gain without changing diet or exercise habits
- Low libido
- Insomnia and/or sleep apnea
- Loss of bone density
- Loss of body hair
- Mood swings
- Difficulty with concentration and short-term memory
In addition to all of the above, men may experience erectile dysfunction while women experience menstrual irregularity due to rapid hormonal fluctuations. If you recognize several of these symptoms, a Bioidentical Hormone Doctor in Albuquerque New Mexico can help relieve them using a natural alternative for hormone balancing.
Understanding Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Albuquerque offers fast and gentle symptom relief using natural plant ingredients. Since the genetic make-up of soybean and yam plant hormones is nearly identical to human hormones, using them to replace what the body no longer produces is an ideal option. Your doctor customizes your compound of bioidentical hormones based on your symptoms as well as the results of your hormone panel screening and physical exam.
What to Expect from the Program
Although every patient experiences different benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, the following are among the most common:
- Better Sleep Quality: Melatonin is the primary hormone that controls sleep cycles. Insomnia, which is the inability to fall asleep or stay asleep all night long, may result when it becomes unbalanced. Night sweats due to changing levels of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone can affect sleep quality as well. Balancing all of these hormones can help you get a good night’s sleep consistently as well as make sleep more comfortable.
- Healthy Weight: Most people experience a slowdown in their metabolism as they get older, which can make it more difficult to lose weight. An underactive thyroid can also cause weight gain without making any lifestyle changes. Proper hormonal balance, along with a healthy diet and regular exercise, will help the pounds come off easier.
- Improved Cognitive Skills: The estrogen hormone in women and the testosterone hormone in men do more than just control sexual and reproductive functioning. They also interact with chemicals in the brain to give you the ability to focus and remember important details. When these hormones are out of balance, it feels like your thinking is fuzzy and you forget things more often. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Albuquerque balances these and other essential hormones to restore your strong cognitive skills.
- Improved Libido and Sexual Performance: Low levels of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone affect both sexual desire and the ability to follow through with intercourse once aroused. Men may struggle to get or maintain and erection while women may find sex uncomfortable. Restoring these primary sex hormones to earlier levels helps to improve libido and make physical intimacy enjoyable again.
- Mood Stability: An imbalance of the thyroid and cortisol hormones are the biggest reasons that people struggle with depression, anxiety, and irritability in midlife and beyond. Since these hormones control brain chemicals, bringing them in proper balance is essential for mood stability. Some patients report that Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helped them more than anti-depressants ever did.
- More Energy: The thyroid and cortisol hormones are also responsible for creating a condition of persistent fatigue. In fact, you may have received an official diagnosis of adrenal fatigue due to a cortisol imbalance. Determining the current levels of these hormones and balancing them with bioidentical hormone replacements can give you the energy you need to meet your responsibilities as well as a more optimistic outlook on life.
These represent a small sampling of the benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. To learn more about additional benefits or the program itself, contact a Bioidentical Hormone Doctor in Albuquerque New Mexico from our directory.
Congratulations on Taking Charge of Your Health!